Thursday, April 14, 2011

First Award!

Wow! I got my very first blogger award!
Much thanks to Jennifer over at http://serendipityslibrary.blogspot.com/ It was completely unexpected, so thank you very much! She has a great blog, by the way, so you should all go over and check it out.

Hmm... now, I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. I'm not good at these lists. I think it may be an issue with counting, although I'm not sure. I never got bad grades in math as kid, so that shouldn't really be a problem. Maybe it's just my issue with lists. Let's see what I can come up with:
1. I saw Star Wars when I was 7, and it changed my life.
2. I like the prequels.
3. Yes, I even like Jar Jar. He makes me laugh.
4. I still have all my Star Wars toys from when I was a kid.
5. Not only do I write, but I also paint. That relates to Star Wars in that I wanted to post some pics of some miniatures that I've painted, but, for some reason I'm not tech savvy enough to understand, they won't transfer. That will have to happen later, once I've figured out how to make the tabs work.
6. When I was in college, I used to, sometimes, answer the phone with my Yoda voice. People didn't know how to react. Often, they would leave messages with "Yoda" for me. Oh, how hard it was not to laugh.
7. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Now, I'm supposed to pick a bunch of new people to award... but, being new to this whole thing, I don't think I have 15, so I'll just go with the few I'm really liking so far. Sorry, Jennifer, I'd award you, but I probably shouldn't just pass it back to you, although you'd be on the list if you hadn't sent it to me.

1. The Warrior Muse
2. The Slight Detour
3. The Blutonian Death Egg (the fact that I love the title has nothing to do with it, I swear)
4. Pitch Slapped
5. maybe genius
6. Writer in progress...
7. It's the world, dear
8. Fire In Mine Ears

Well, that's more than I thought I'd get. Pop over and check them out!
And thanks, again, Jennifer! I appreciate the acknowledgement and encouragement!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome you deserve it. I love that your 7 things was all Star Wars related! I am tech savvy and would be happy to assist if I can with your tabs just let me know. My son is a huge Star Wars fan we went to the Star Wars weekend in Florida it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award! My stepdaughter is obsessed with Star Wars :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for passing along the award to me, Andrew! That's so flattering!

    I can't remember how old I was when I saw Star Wars...but I do remember playing with my cousin's Star Wars figurines and his Millenium Falcon. I was never Princess Leia--always Chewy. Good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Andrew! I'll post about this in the morning. Mine is a Star Wars family. I used to have these great promo t-shirts from the 70's that my parents got working in theaters during the original release of A New Hope. I kick myself frequently for getting rid of those (I don't even remember doing it, but they're gone). We have plenty of Star Wars toys around here, as well as all the movies. Of course, now they're coming out on BluRay...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! (And you must post your Yoda voice! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiernan: No problem. I enjoy your blog :)

    Jennifer: Thanks for the offer. I -will- take you up on it. Just as soon as I have a moment to look at that again. I'm SO behind on everything, right now.
    I've never been to any of the Star Wars events. It makes me very sad. They've never been close enough for me to afford it, though.
    However, I have been to several special premiere showings of movies that ILM has been a part of, including The Crystal Skull (which had a cool after party with props from the movie on display) and the animated Clone Wars movie. And I've been to a 4th of July party at Lucas Ranch. Yes, I have a friend that works at LucasArts.

    Jess: Your stepdaughter has good taste!

    Jeanmarie: That's so funny! I used to get to be R2-D2, because I was the only one of my friends that could make R2 noises.

    Shannon: My biggest loss was my Burger King Star Wars glasses. If I had known better, I would have put them away somewhere, but I was a kid, and my mom put them into use. Despite having multiple sets from each movie, none of them survived my childhood. I do have to say, though, that I was not responsible for a single breaking.
    I'm looking forward to the BluRay release. Even though I don't have a BluRay player. However, they will start being released, again, next year, in 3d, so I might wait to get the 3d releases of them on BluRay. I suppose it depends on what kind of extras are on the set release this fall.

    Sam: Um... I'll think about it. That would require a lot of tech stuff that I'm not proficient with, though. And, actually, don't own. I will just say, though, that when I was in college and did that a lot, I was indistinguishable from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha you REALLY like Star Wars. My first guess for the name of your blog is it is a play on Square Pegs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. BUWAHAHAHAHA! I'm laughing at the messages left with Yoda for you--what a crack up. Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the award, Andrew ;) I admittedly liked the first Star Wars prequel. Pretty sure I saw it something like eight times in theaters. Of course, I also had a crush on Ewan McGregor at the time, but that's beside the point >.>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lizzie: Yes, indeed, you are correct. On both points.

    Hart: The best part of all of that was that people never seemed to figure it out. They'd ask me later who was in my room answering the phone or confirming that I got the message or whatever.

    Steph: Really, who can blame you for a crush on Ewan. If I was a girl, I'd have a crush on Ewan. You have seen Moulin Rouge, right? Right?

    ReplyDelete