Friday, September 4, 2015

Accordion Absence (a local color post)

We just had the 25th annual Accordion festival recently, but I don't have a lot to say about it this year.
The Great Morgani was, of course, there, but I only got pictures of him in this one costume, this year.
But I managed to get one of him with my daughter and her accordion teacher, so that was cool.

Speaking of my daughter, she did play again this year. I have a video. Actually, I have two, because she played two songs. I'll try to get them configured or something so that I can make them available on the blog.

Other than that, though, we didn't listen to much music. Not actively. My family mostly hung out together and my daughter accordion shopped. This year was the first year for that! We almost even bought one, but that's a story that I'm not going to tell, right now, mostly because it would be anti-climactic.

At some point after we were home, I said to my oldest kid, "I feel like we went to the festival, and I didn't listen to any music," and he said, "Yeah, me, too." Because most of what he did was watch his young cousins. He did, however, listen to the German guy who played some video game themes on his accordion.

So, anyway... The accordion festival did happen; I just don't have a big write up about it this year. I'm sure I'll do a better job next year. Because the only way I could do it worse than this year is if we don't go next year, but that's not actually very likely.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Alex: It's not significantly different from the ones he's had in previous years.

      Delete
  2. What a wild costume. He looks kind of like a silver tree. I hope you get to listen to more music next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne: Like one of those silver Christmas trees.

      Delete
  3. Accordions are wonderful. All hail the Great Morgani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is your daughter's accordion learning going? :) That looks like a fun festival, but strange to go to a festival and not have a feeling that there was much music to be had... maybe it was a venue/itinerary/sound system thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex: Oh, she's doing fantastic! Seriously.

      It's not that music wasn't happening, we were just doing other things and not paying attention to it.

      Delete
  5. An accordion festival sounds interesting. Most seem to revolve around food or alcohol. We have something called Donkey Derby Days in Cripple Creek that would probably be fun to attend, and something in Manitou Springs I just forgot the name of, but there's a coffin race. But no instrument festivals. I'm not big on people, so I rarely go to festivals. Too many people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon: This one seems to be a bit more sedate, which is not to say that there is not food and alcohol, but the crowd tends to be older, so there's not as much gallivanting.

      Delete