Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Clone Wars -- "Shades of Reason" (Ep. 5.15)

-- Alliances can stall true intentions.


[Remember, you can sign up to join the Clone Wars Project at any time by clicking this link.]
[Well, actually, considering that we're into season five, now, probably no one new is going to sign up, BUT! Hop over to The Armchair Squid for his take on the current episode.]


Just thinking on my feet here, or, really, my chair, though I could be standing while writing this (I have a standing desk), I just happen to be in my chair at the moment. But, anyway...

What's the one thing that tends to differentiate teams when bad guys team up as opposed to when good guys team up? Good guys generally band together to achieve a mutual purpose; bad guys band together to gather power while each one strives to use the others to achieve his own, usually secret, purpose. It never ends well for the bad guys.

So, yeah, Darth Maul and Pre Vizsla have different goals, and, actually, Vizsla's are much smaller than Maul's, but it still leads to... "Conflict" really isn't a strong enough word for what it leads to, but it again shows us why the Mandalorians were a force to be reckoned with, even by the Jedi.

And, hey, I always love it when the darksaber comes out.

None of this is good for Satine, either.

I still haven't managed to get into the second season of Rebels, yet, but, from the tidbits I've picked up about what's going on in Rebels, it seems that this story arc may be more important for what happens in that series than it is for what happens in Clone Wars. I need to figure out how to work Rebels back into my schedule.

Anyway... Go watch this story arc.

2 comments:

  1. It's an interesting story in consideration of our own world politics, too. How do the superpowers enmesh themselves in the power games of "lesser" nations? Or how does a foreign despot seize power? It's all here, in a tidy 22 minute package.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TAS: Yeah, I wanted to work in some of what's going on today, but I didn't have time to think through an angle for that. Well, I didn't have the extra time for the research I would need to do.

      Delete